Wednesday 28 November 2007

and Now at laST

Well, it finally happened. After chasing but never quite catching up with me from Melaka up, NST finally sent a stringer over to see me two hours before I boarded my bus back home. It took a little arm-twisting, I must admit: when they heard I had promised The Star two articles, everything happened all at once.

Having been in a deadlines-oriented industry for the last 20 years, I know what it's like, but I still had to stress that I needed to be on a bus at 8 and that I needed time to make sure my bike got on too... so it was that the stringer, Isma, met me at the Kangar Bus Station at 6. I suggested the most appropriate place to talk and to photograph me at was a gerai near the station so there we sat and chatted for an hour.

The link to the story on NST online is here.

It contains some minor mistakes, but nothing to worry about. Just read the blog and you'll find the real stuff - if you haven't already.

I don't crave media attention, even if I do enjoy being in the spotlight sometimes. But this time around, it's important that some seeds are planted gnationally. The experiences may be personal but the ideas are much more panoramic in nature. I'm looking forward to sharing a little more in the Star articles as well as on this blog soon.

No comments:

They called me John ‘Two-Hits-With-One-Stone’ Cheong

An old memory came to me today when Mei and I went cycling in Balik Pulau. After 2 months of being cooped up in our flat, it was great...