Sunday 14 October 2007

Of whooshing noises

I'm off in a few hours and here I am at 4:30 in the morning rushing some work and paying some bills. Douglas Adams once commented he didn't mind deadlines - he just loved the whooshing sound they made as they flew by.

I'd much rather be hearing the whirring of wheels than the whoosh of deadlines at this moment, but well, some things just need sorting out.

Just one final update - we're having problems getting the Celcom 3G connection to work. It seems to be a configuration issue between the phone and the Mac and the help lines have not lived up to their promise just yet. We hope to get it sorted out soon, but it looks likely I'll be working on dialup for a little while at least.

As such, my planned-for daily updates may not happen - or if they do, I may not be able to upload the pictures and videos yet.

If anyone has any experience making internet connections with a 3G phone and a laptop, please help!

Have to run - more from me from Kukup later today!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

GodSpeed...Jz; enjoy the ride and take in the sights. See you in Penang.

Sunil

Anonymous said...

I too was at one time fuelled with such enthusiasm as now flows within John. Much of his inspiration to make this journey resides in many of us.......Alas, events that have continuously unfolded in our beloved "tanah tumpahnya darahku" have reduced me to a cynic of what lies ahead. My prayers are with you John, for a safe and protected journey.

John Cheong said...

Hi and thanks for leaving comments.

SV, I will play it by ear regarding Morib. Just as I have yesterday and ended up here in Batu Pahat a day early.

Sunil, I'm looking forward to Penang!

Anonymous, cynicism is understandable. I try to live by a saying I heard some time ago - When you change the way you look at things, the things around you change. That is not to alter the reality, but it does help deal with it sometimes. :-)

They called me John ‘Two-Hits-With-One-Stone’ Cheong

An old memory came to me today when Mei and I went cycling in Balik Pulau. After 2 months of being cooped up in our flat, it was great...