Monday 20 August 2007

And so it begins....


But before the legs pump the pedals and the miles flow by, the fingers have first to tap the keyboard. I'm learning this blogging thing, and I'm organising and planning my route. At this point, my fitness is suspect and my funding still uncertain. I have set aside about 6 weeks and the only destination now is Penang on 11 November. I have a wedding to attend, you see...

The rest is still a little uncertain. I have, at times, surrendered to happenstance, and I am beginning to think serendipity will be my co-pilot on this trip.

I will need some things though - a compact digital camera, a compact video camera and a bit more equipment for my bike. I have already embarked on readying the bike, but the cameras are a little out of my budget for the moment. Well, I'm sure something will be worked out... If you do want to sponsor one or both, you do know how to contact me...


Bill McDannell has reached DC and if you look through his journal, he reproduced my first email to him on Tuesday August 7th. We have promised to keep in touch. If you like, drop him a line and wish him well.

My dear friend, Patsy, at The Star has also reflected some interest in doing a writeup - I guess the idea of celebrating in the midst of much gloom is a unique thing. Keeping my fingers crossed it'll all work out.

More news soon...

Post this to del.icio.us

2 comments:

Marquisio said...

Perhaps you can draw out a map of your intended route, so that those of us not familiar with the West Malaysian topography can somewhat visualize where on earth you are.

John Cheong said...

A very good idea - I will put up a map and mark the areas I have visited. Let me work on that. Thanks!

They called me John ‘Two-Hits-With-One-Stone’ Cheong

An old memory came to me today when Mei and I went cycling in Balik Pulau. After 2 months of being cooped up in our flat, it was great...